Openings in multiple locations in Illinois Including: Orland Park – Chicago – North Aurora – Shorewood – Schiller Park – Gurnee – Bourbonnais – Rockford – Elgin – Kankakee – Hickory Hills – Evanston – Rockford – Joliet
Providing compassionate care delivered reliably and efficiently, Elite Ambulance has emerged as a leading ambulance service in the Chicago area. Led by a management team with more than 65 years of ambulance and healthcare industry experience including prior ownership of the largest private ambulance service in Illinois, our mission is to provide a distinctive brand of “Elite Care” reliable responsiveness, expert medical assistance, flexibility and extensive resources beyond the call delivered by a team of caring professionals.
The EMT job function is to transport sick and injured persons by ambulance in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort and to administer Basic Life Support & Advanced Life Support pre-hospital care and treatment within the limits defined by the State of Illinois law and Elite Ambulance Medical Director & limitations defined by their license level.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the EMT consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide appropriate patient care as stipulated in their training as an EMT.
- Provide safe transportation, to include accurately discerning street names through map reading, the ability to correctly distinguish house numbers, and addresses of business locations, in the most expedient manner, are essential.
- Appropriately assess a patient and accurately convey the condition to other medical professionals.
- Provide an accurate written report describing a patient’s condition, medical history, and the treatment provided.
- Provide appropriate documentation for billing information.
- Maintain the vehicle in sanitary condition, in addition to monitoring all fluid levels and gauges.
- EMT National Registry and/or current state license (or pending).
- Ability to provide – medical care, at the EMT or Paramedic level, while safely transporting patients.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment interview including a physical and lifting examination and a drug screening.
- Attend company provided training and driving course.
- Flexible scheduling – full or part-time
- Competitive compensation
- Immediate EMT / Paramedic job placement
- Multiple station locations with the ability to transfer throughout the company
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Health/dental/life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for Career Growth
Elite Ambulance is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Comments are closed.